Hand made in the USA with the best intentions. Now all you have to do is set your intentions in play.
Suggestions For Using Finger Labyrinths
- Pause at the entrance and choose to enter the finger labyrinth; breathe smoothly. As you make your way to the center, you may opt for one of the following activities:
- Allow your mind to quiet
- Pray for yourself or someone else
- Keep a question in mind, and make the question feel “real” by tying your emotions into it
- Within the center, release from your mind and heart any prayer, concern or question (that you pose on the inward journey) and give it to your Angel/Light/God of choice to handle.
- When you are ready to leave the center or feel “complete” with the experience, retrace the path from the center back out.
- Upon leaving the labyrinth, be thankful and grateful for the opportunity to bring this divine strength and wisdom back into your daily life to enrich, enliven and strengthen you.
The 6” mini hand-held hard plastic Chartres Labyrinth comes with directions in a black velvet pouch with a stylus to follow the grooves. This is designed to fit in a purse, pocket, briefcase or suitcase for use at any time or anywhere to allow you to attain greater relaxation, personal focus, and guidance.
During the 13th century, this design was inlaid into the floor of Chartres Cathedral in France. It was adopted by the church during the Middle Ages as a substitute for the physical pilgrimage early Christians made to Jerusalem. The 11 circuits & center may represent the 12 apostles. There are 113 teeth known as “lunations” which adorn the outside of the pattern and many believe the ancients used these lunations as a sundial in order to determine the lunar feast of Easter. The center area (rosette) is a six-petaled rose that some believe represents the Virgin Mary or cosmologically, the six kingdoms of existence; mineral, plant, animal, human, angelic, divine. It is thought that by spending time in a petal representing a kingdom that embodies a quality that you are trying to emulate (i.e. the mineral and plant kingdoms teach us patience), you will come to better understand that quality. This labyrinth frequently takes you close to the center and then back towards the outside of the design. This pattern can represent coming close to and moving away from your personal, transformative center, a place of intense knowing and change. To clean, throw in dishwasher or clean with soap and water.
If labyrinths are of interest to you, you may want to take a look at my guidebook: TEMPORARILY CLOSED For Self Care & Spiritual Maintenance is jammed packed with 11 different (download off-website or print from your book) finger labyrinths all meant to do 11 different things and all having different histories and pasts. Fun for the whole family and it’s a great way to support each other’s intentions and prayers.
Phrases and symbols are there to encourage, support & inspire. Products are designed & named & copyrighted by JC Cochrane.